Liquid Potpourri

The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center has seen 330 cases of poisoning due to pets and liquid potpourri. Although this isn’t a high figure nation-wide, you don’t want to be one of them. Most of these are involving cats as they are more likely to climb up to where these simmer pots are usually kept.

A cat or dog can be badly burned by lapping up hot oils and detergents. Many of the liquid potpourri sold can cause ulcers in your animal’s mouth, throat, and gastrointestinal tract. About 10% of cases are life threatening, so be sure to either not use them if you have animals, or store them away when you are not in the room.